Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Comics - Artist: Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson is known for doing his artwork on various comic book covers including: Batman, 100 Bullets, Deadpool, and many more. He is also one of the founders of the "Drink and Draw" get together event.

I really enjoyed his cover art for the Broken City story line. The style for these covers really are not like the other covers, and they immediately caught my attention when I first saw them. So, when he was at last year's Spokane Comic Con, it was definitely very cool to meet him and have  my Batman #620 signed.

"Why use this cover for my blog?"

I had no idea originally what I wanted my blog to look like, I just knew I wanted to figure out how to merge my interest in comics and feminism together. I looked around everywhere trying to find a picture to go well with what I wanted, and wouldn't you know, I'd find exactly what I was looking for right in front of me.

Other Works:

1 comment:

  1. Definitely one of the best covers I have ever seen. It is is so eye catching; very reminiscent of the spy films & novellas done in the 1960's, such as 007 and the Saint. A great piece to use as the foundation for the design...to well...just about anything!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your story!