Saturday, December 10, 2011

DIY - Decorative Travel Box


A few weeks ago I got my hands on two small boxes that I thought would be perfect for either gift giving or decorating for the holidays. I had no idea exactly what I was going to do at first, but it came to me when I was looking at my boyfriend and I's rug in our living room. I used the picture of our rug on the England panel on this box to show where I got my inspiration for this box. And used ideas inspired by some Scrap-booking tips I learned from my real life friend & blogger, Elizabeth, of Life and All That Goes With It.

I hope you all enjoy the little box I made; I ended up using it to put all of my Scentsy warmer wax squares in!

Materials:
  • Scissors
  • Glue and/or Double-sided Tape
  • Box
  • Paper
  • Assorted pictures and/or embellishments
  • Ribbon
  • (Optional) Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
First, I gathered the color paper I wanted the outside of my box to be and cut them to the shape and size of each side of the box.

Then, put some ribbon or lace around the edges of the box (great for covering up imperfections when dealing with scissors).

For the box I chose, I had to play with the placement of the ribbon, so not to show through oddly or cut off in a weird spot I had to play around with where I hid the ribbon.

Second, gather your embellishments & paper.

I used a variety of pictures from different places I wanted to travel and used embellishments from various scrap-booking or sewing kits.

You can add some bows, flowers, and whatever suits your fancy to your pile. I had my boyfriend write a  handwritten letter to make it a little more personal.

Before, you glue everything on I definitely suggest you have an idea of your layout. Then, using a glue stick and/or double sided tape attach how you would like everything to look onto the box.

Some items may not be as easy to attach, so having a glue gun around is surely recommended when it comes to any crafty projects


My Finished Project:


: : Celeste : :

1 comment:

Would love to hear your story!