This is a variation on my previous post, Recipe: Rum Cake Pops. To celebrate the coming of the new year of 2012, I decided to do a spin off on my first attempt at cake pops, with German Chocolate!
- (1) Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
- (1 Cup) Coconut Rum*
- (1/2 Container) Cream Cheese Frosting
- (2) Bars of Melt-able Chocolate
- (1-2 Cups) of Coconut Flakes
- (15-20) Birthday Cake Candles
*I used Bacardi Coconut Rum. The idea came from Malibu chocolates, but didn't want to spend the money when I had a higher alcohol content substitute ;)
Step by Step:
- Make Cake as directed
- Add rum to mixture
- Bake it.
- Let it cool.
- Crumble cake into crumbs in a bowl or plastic bag
- Combine 1/2 container of cream cheese frosting
- Roll into balls
- Stick a candle into each ball
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes, or fridge rate for 3-4 hours
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe cup
- Coat outside with coconut flakes
- Set for 10-15 minutes
As an added bonus, you get the responsibly of who gets the lighter.