Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY: Newspaper Ring

In one my previous posts,Recycle: Newspaper - The Sneak Peak, I mentioned how I was doing some crafting using newspaper. Well, here is another thing I made using strips newspaper.

The thing that I liked about this one was that it is made completely out of newspaper and tape, even the band is! To make this ring I basically followed the instructions from my Make Paper Roses DIY Tutorial, adding tape onto the strips right before rolling. After finishing the flower I took a piece of scotch tape and covered the strip I measured out for my finger. To connect the ring loop to the flower I used a small square piece of newspaper for the backing. I would have used a metal band, but I didn't have one at the time and had decided I would try this easy, quick and practically priceless method.

What do you think of this DIY? Is this something you could see yourself wearing?

: : Celeste : :

25 comments:

  1. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN
    TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so sweet. :)

      I just took a look and you're blog is darlin'. I'm still looking through your posts! Anyhow, thank you for stopping by & you've just gained a new follower. Can't wait to read more.

      Celeste

      Delete
  2. This is too cute.


    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, Que! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it.

      Celeste

      Delete
  3. great!!! this is so cool. lurv it
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim Bim. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm thinking of making more with various paper & see what I come up with for a possible giveaway. What do you think?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, its much appreciated! Its nice to meet you & I can't wait to read more from you.

      Celeste

      Delete
  5. Cute ring!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! SOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I'm pretty excited about this one, makes me want to make more.

      Delete
  7. Great post! You really have a beautiful skill in crafting. Love it!

    xoxo,
    Vanessa
    http://www.vfashionregion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great DIY I'll have to try it sometime!

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you glad to hear that! It was pretty easy :)

      Celeste

      Delete
  9. This is lovely :), a very pretty DIY!!

    Found you via IFB :))

    http://radioactive-diamonds.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment.

      IFB has been a really cool network!

      Celeste

      Delete
  10. REALLY CUTE CUTE POST!!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I would love to check out your blog!

      Delete
  11. the ring is really sweet! have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! I did have a pretty good Sunday! :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, I really appreciated it today!

      Delete

Would love to hear your story!