Monday, April 9, 2012

Recycle: Newspaper - The Sneak Peak


I've always found it really neat when people take from just scraps of paper, and make something really unique. Recycling, Reusing and Upcycling is a great way to use paper that normally just would be thrown away to waste. Every year, tons and tons of trees are cut down to make just that. So, why not reuse your old magazines, newspapers, & cardboard for any means you can think of making?

Originally, I wanted to make an Easter basket using strips from the Spokane area's Inlander Magazine, (which details about art, music, restaurants, and various local events) but  after playing around with weaving for a little I realized I should have done thicker strips & folded them to make a thicker basket. The sucky part for me, was that I can't cut a straight line very well and it made it difficult to weave. So, after awhile of trying to tackle that I decided I was done for now. Maybe next year, or Earth Day?

So, instead of an Easter basket, I've given you a sneak peak to a few upcoming posts. Hope you enjoy!

: : Celeste : :

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have created!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya, I'm nearly done with all I wanted to do for the next post! I have a feeling that I might continue on for fun, though. :)

      Delete

Would love to hear your story!