Saturday, May 26, 2012

Spokane Comic Con


For a long while we awaited the day for the local Comic Con, and it was on May 19th. I'm a little late to post this, but I guess better late than never. Anyhow, I had a blast! Anthony and I met up with some of our friends, and along the way we ran into more friends. It was great to see so many people I knew, meet Comic Book artists, and local artists. We picked up some cool prints, bought some comics to fill in our collection, and picked up a Martian Manhunter bobblehead! Oh and as you see above, my friend Katie & I got a picture with Batman. 

I try not to talk about comics too much for those who aren't so interested, but it is a part of my life. I'm geeky and I'm totally okay with that; its what Comic Con is for - being yourself, or your favorite character if you choose. Anyhow, on to the pictures!

Anthony & I
John & Megan. Isn't her dress adorable? One of many reasons I want a sewing machine.
My friend Pamela & I
Comic Book Artist: Tyler Kirkham



Antony & I were pretty excited that Tyler Kirkham was going to be a guest at the con. We really enjoy his artwork, and he has done a lot of art for current & past Green Lantern Comics including the new series "Green Lantern: New Guardians.

We purchased this print, which he signed for us, as well as a few comics he worked on. As he was signing comics & conversing, he was working on a drawing of Gambit (one of my favorite X-men characters!). It was pretty cool I have to say!

Comic Book Artist: Jason Gorder

Jason Gorder is an artist & inker for various comics including Action Comics, Superman, Witchblade & the current run from DC's New 52, Grifter.

I had him sign this Gambit cover he did, which he said was one of his first comic book works. Pretty awesome, because like I said, Gambit is a favorite of mine! 






Comic Book Artist: Clayton Crain

Clayton Crain is a comic book artist best known for his works on Ghost Rider, Carnage & X-Force. Unfortunately we only had tradebacks of X-Force, otherwise we would have had him sign one of those since that was something we really enjoyed reading!

So instead we went with Deadpool, which he did the first 3 covers for. He said this cover was inspired by Michael Jackson - do you see it?
Artist Alley:
I really wish I had gotten the name of this artist, even after going through the con site, I still cannot figure out who did these prints (Black Canary & Hellboy).When purchasing them,the lady that was there said that were done by her husband who wasn't there at the time. If anyone knows, I would love to find out!

Black Canary (left) & Hellboy (right)
Purchases:
The bobblehead* I mentioned, & the some of the many comics we were on the hunt for!

Thanks for your time & the read. I can't wait to get started with some DIY projects I have planned to post, as well as many fashion posts.
: : Celeste : :

*Apparently not all Pop! Heroes are bobbles... Sad day.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I will def have to go take a look. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I totally just jacked your Kirkham pic for my blog. Tag your it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Comic Cons are so fun! So is buying toys! My collection is growing!

    xx
    Kecia

    http://www.couturezooblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I can't wait to go to another one lol! I don't have a lot of toys, some here and there. But comics... we are constantly buying old & new ones. Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete
  5. So jealous, I have yet to go to any "nerd convention" but want to at some point! Thank you for following my blog, I'm following you back! Seriously, go play Borderlands as Gaige right now. It'll blow your mind, she's so much better than the other characters, I'm playing as Axton too and it makes me sad when my friends have level 5 Gaige's kicking my level 20 ass! haha

    ..ok yeah, gotta go back to playing Borderlands! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever been to the Spokane one the past few years, but I'm really hoping to go to a bigger one this coming year - most likely Seattle!

      lol I think that is what I'm going to have to do. I played for quite awhile this morning though... heehee. =)

      Delete

Would love to hear your story!