Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Makes enough for one 16 oz. glass. Double up to share!

I really enjoy a good fruit smoothie, especially one with bananas & some milk. One of my favorite smoothies to make at Starbucks is what I call a "Banana Chai Smoothie" which in essence is a "Chocolate Banana Smoothie" minus chocolate, plus chai. Its very tasty if you're a huge Chai Tea fan and need a little extra protein for the day!

Anyhow, between my love for this smoothie and reading various recipes for pumpkin smoothies on the "interwebs", I knew I wanted to make a Pumpkin Smoothie - with a slight twist of my own of course.

Ingredients: 1 Banana + 1/4 cup Oats + 6 oz. Vanilla Yogurt + 5 oz. Pumpkin Puree + 2 oz. Orange Juice + 1 tblspn Honey + 3 pinches Cinnamon Powder + 2 pinches Ginger + Optional: 2 oz. Milk


If you have a crappy blender, like I do, I def advise to blend the yogurt, oats, & banana together first - but otherwise feel free to blend all together... and enjoy!

For this recipe I did not use milk, as I was out.... Otherwise I would have, I really do enjoy a little milk in my smoothies. And after tasting it, both Anthony and I agreed that a little bit of milk would have been perfect.

Don't you just love the touch of Batman? I'm such a nerdy girl! :P

: : Celeste : :

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and healthy, great recipe :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I really was trying to go for as healthy as possible without passing up on good pumpkin flavor. =)

      Delete

Would love to hear your story!