Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy Caramel Corn Recipe

Originally I made this recipe for a movie night, for all of my guests to munch on - and by the end of the night the plate was gone! So, needless to say I was pretty pleased with the outcome and the recipe is incredibly easy, and cheap.

I definitely will suggest making multiple batches. For this post post I'm doing 4 bags of popcorn.

Ingredients (For multiple batches, multiply by bags used*)
1 Bag Popped Popcorn
5 Large Marshmallows
2 tbs Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar



Steps
Start Popping Popcorn.
Turn your stove top on to a medium-low setting.
In a medium sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows.
Take all the bags of popcorn you've popped and put it in a large bowl (or in my case a pot).
Bring mixture to just a boil on the stove top.
Slowly pour some of the mixture over the popcorn
Use spoon to mix as it will be very hot!!
Pour and stir as you go until you have completely mixed it as best you can.
Let cool for a few minutes.


At this point you can choose to just eat some, separate and put into a storage container, or roll them into balls (small or large). I decided to go with the ladder, and arrange them for easy grabbing!



Hope you enjoy! I sure did, I can't stop eating them. :3

: : Celeste : :

4 comments:

  1. Wow, seems nice! I never came to think about marshmallows when making popcorn but deffo gotta try :)
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't originally and I ended up blending a couple recipes to come up with this one, and really liked using the marshmallows. Very yummy!

      Delete
  2. This is basically the recipe I used for my popcorn balls in German, except I used melted caramels instead of brown sugar. Both brown sugar and corn syrup are for some reason very hard to find here. Also, have you tried popping your own popcorn on the stovetop? I find it helps to reduce the likelihood of biting into a kernel and nearly breaking a tooth, plus it's much healthier. And of course it's quick and easy, or I'd never actually do it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing it on the stove top but within the past few months we've accumulated many boxes of microwavable popcorn and figured it would be a great way to start using some up.

      When I'd make the popcorn, I'd sort through it all to make sure no kernels or partially popped kernels didn't make it through. It took awhile but I did not want to bite into one of those!

      Delete

Would love to hear your story!